This house is in Fox Mill Estates, one of the best places in NoVA to live. Original owner who has maintained and enhanced this home over lots of years. Elementary School in the Sub-Division. Close to Reston and its features. Close to Metro Stops, Wiehle now and Reston and beyond later this year. Bus service in the Sub-Division. Please check out energy saving features below.
This house has the following energy saving features Installed and paid for:
1. SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEM: Installed in the middle 1980's. The solar heated water is input to a tankless hot water heater that is designed to adjust the flame depending on the temp. of the solar water which is around 140 degrees Spring to Fall.
2. SOLAR ELECTRIC SYSTEM: This 12 panel system is paid for. It generates enough electricity to completely cover the electric bill and more. Check the "Documents" section; for a spreadsheet of utility costs. The system cost $17,000.
3. KENITCO WATER SOFTENER: Benefits of a water softener are that because the hardness (CA++) does not leave deposits and feels good and uses less soap to clean.
4. AN ADDITIONAL 2" LAYER OF SOLID INSULATION WAS INSTALLED OVER THE ORIGINAL SIDING AND A NEW LAYER OF SIDING WAS INSTALED: Not only did this add more insulation it also blocked any possible air leaks at old insulation seams.
5. VENT DRAW FANS ON 3 REGISTERS: These fans, set to cool or heat, turn on when the cold or hot air arrives and keep running until the air changes. This occurs after the system blower has turned off thus providing the cool or hot air still in the pipes thus providing more cooling or heating.
THERE IS A PAPER IN THE DOCUMENTS SECTION THAT GOES INTO MORE DETAILS ON THESE TOPICS.
There are also 3 Solar Tubes, 1 in Upstairs Hall Bath and 1 in the Living Room and Dining Room. There are 6 Dwarf fruit trees planted in the garden beds, 2 Pear trees in the back left bed and 3 Apples and 1 Cherry in the bed near to Magna Carta. In addition to the fully fenced back yard and side yards there is a 10x10' area that is reachable through a dog door in the Kitchen to Garage Door and through another dog door at the back of the garage. Both of these dog doors can be closed if necessary. The fruit trees will not bear fruit for 2-3 years. When I planted them I thought I would be here then. Oh, well. The grass in the back and side yard is Zoisa so does not need much water because of deep roots. The deck off the patio has just been re-decked. There is a patio table and umbrella but with only 2 chairs. In the laundry room, on the wall, are stapled cards that date much of the information about when things were replaced for enhanced. For instance, in January, 2006, I hired a company to seal the heat pipes. They put the pipes under pressure which showed how much leakage there was and then they injected a mist of sealer into the pipes that as it leaked out of the pipes the leaks were filled in.
PLEASE OVERLOOK OUT MESS, WE ARE TRYING TO DOWN-SIZE A LOT AND IT IS HARD. WE ALSO HAVE 2 SMALL DOGS, BOTH HARMLESS BUT PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM OUT THE FRONT DOOR. THANKS.
Courtesy of: National Realty, LLC Listing information provided courtesy of the Bright MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Updated: 28th May, 2022 9:54 AM (UTC)